What is the Muse S?
The new Muse S by InteraXon Inc., which debuted at CES in 2020, is a Bluetooth enabled, brain-sensing headband that tracks how you sleep, focus and recharge so you can optimize your rest and recovery routine every night. The Muse S offers users all the meditation tracking and content features as the Muse 2, but updated with a more comfortable headband designed for sleeping and new sensory technology that help you discover your best sleep with responsive sleep journeys, overnight sleep tracking, and personalized insights.
How does the Muse S work?
Using advanced electroencephalogram (EEG) technology to track electrical activity in the brain, the Muse S offers personalized sleep insights that help you learn more about how your body rests and recharges. The Muse S’s free mobile application works together with its EEG hardware to give you real-time biofeedback on your changing mental state.
Serving as your personalized sleep lab in the comfort of home, The Muse S’s new EEG sleep tracking features provide users with:
- Sleep stage visualization graph: Awake, REM, Light, or Deep Sleep to show how long you were in each sleep stage.
- Sleep position graph: Right, Left, Back, Front, Sitting Up. This graph shows your dominant sleep position and the percentage of time you were in it.
- Sleep Score: Measured out of 100 and calculated by a multi-factor sleep algorithm, this score gives you a snapshot of your sleep efficiency and incorporates the time you spent in bed awake versus sleeping, your total snooze time, how long you were in deep sleep, and more.
- Heart Rate Graph: This graph shows your heart rate measured in Beats Per Minute (BPM). Your score indicates your average heart rate over the course of your sleep session so you can monitor changes in your average. resting heart rate over time.
- Stillness/Activity Graph: Wondering how much you toss and turn while you sleep? This graph shows the degree and intensity of your sleep movement—from blinking to teeth grinding to leg twitching. Your score shows the percentage of time you were still while asleep.
- Deep Sleep Intensity & Points (Coming later in 2021). This data will show you the intensity of your deepest sleep to see how much your brain rested based on changes in slow-wave (delta) activity. You’ll also get Deep Sleep Points based on the amount and intensity of your Deep Sleep.
Like the Muse 2, Muse S also offers immersive soundscapes and voice-guided meditations to help guide you to rest and relaxation.
How to use the Muse S
To use the Muse S, simply secure the headband on your head and download the Muse S app on your mobile device. Pair the Muse S headband’s hardware with your mobile device and keep it nearby as you sleep. Use the mobile app to review your data, set goals, build a rewarding meditation practice and measure your progress over time.
Features and Benefits
- Made of a soft, breathable fabric that wraps entirely around your head
- Allows for multiple users
- Empowers users with comprehensive data about their sleep and overall health with advanced technology that accurately tracks:
- Sleep (EEG + PPG + Accelerometer)
- Mind (EEG)
- Heart (PPG + Pulse Oximetry)
- Body (Accelerometer)
- Breath (PPG + Gyroscope)
- 10 Hours of Battery Life (Rechargeable Li-Ion)