What is the Apollo Neuro?
Developed by physicians and neuroscientists, Apollo Neuro is a mood-altering wearable wellness device that uses gentle vibrations to help your body recover from stress. Apollo’s scientifically proven technology improves heart rate variability (HRV), a key biometric of stress, so you can focus, get to sleep, and stay energized.
How does the Apollo Neuro work?
Chronic stress triggers the sympathetic “fight-or-flight” branch of our nervous system and impairs our ability to recover. Apollo delivers a novel touch therapy, felt as gentle waves of vibration, that stimulates your “rest and digest” parasympathetic nervous response and restores balance to the body. Apollo works to actively improve biometrics (though it does not track them) as well as your body’s resilience to stress. Depending on your needs, you can use the app to select one of seven different modes to work with:
- Energy and Wake Up – improve wakefulness and attention
- Social and Open – for socializing and networking to help you feel engaged and at ease
- Clear and Focused – improve focus for cognitive, athletic performance and creative work
- Rebuild and Recover – improve recovery from physical strain due to exercise, mental or emotional stress,
- Meditation and Mindfulness – help the body and mind relax and reach deeper meditation states more easily
- Relax and Unwind – use this mode to unwind or before sleep
- Sleep and Renew – help you fall asleep more easily, particularly after busy days, travel, and times of stress.
➡️ Read our full, in-depth Apollo Neuro review
The science behind the Apollo Neuro
Apollo uses waves of vibration that are demonstrated in both the lab and the real world to change the balance of the nervous systems through sense of touch. Clinical trials have shown that Apollo improves the body’s resilience to stress and HRV, the most reliable, non-invasive biometric of stress that measures the balance between the parasympathetic and sympathetic systems.
Apollo Neuroscience was born from research at the University of Pittsburgh. Drs. David Rabin MD, PhD and Greg Siegle PhD worked together at the Program in Cognitive Affective Neuroscience to develop and scientifically prove Apollo’s technology. After five years of development and testing Apollo together, they discovered that certain combinations of low frequency inaudible sound waves (vibration that you can feel, but can’t hear) can safely and reliably change how we feel through our sense of touch, and that we can measure those physiological changes in near real time.
How to use the Apollo Neuro
Use the Apollo Neuro to harness your body’s natural response to touch by strapping the band around your wrist or ankle. Most people find it to be most soothing on the ankle, especially during Sleep Mode. Use the Apollo Neuro’s smartphone app to select one of seven distinct modes designed to help you reach different goals by relaxing your body and clearing your mind.
Features and Benefits
The Apollo Neuro comes with the following features and benefits:
- Choose from seven modes designed to work with your body
- Every Apollo mode is designed to restore your body by improving heart rate variability (HRV)
- Can be worn on the wrist or ankle
- Micro-USB charging cord, BluetoothBLE 5.0 and Airplane Mode for use during travel